Summer Transition Program
The Summer Transition Program (STP) is an academic learning community held during the 8-week Summer Session that bridges the gap from High School to College. STP offers first year, first time college students an opportunity to enroll in general education courses, participate in a residential living experience and utilize campus resources to achieve success at MU.
To receive consideration to participate in STP, students are referred by the MU Admissions Office. Students who successfully complete the 8-week experience become eligible to earn a university scholarship (if applicable).
- Earn credit hours toward general education requirements.
- Receive academic tutoring and coaching to become a more effective student.
- Attend workshops and discussions built around increasing adaptability and resilience.
- Develop relationships with faculty and students to support students’ college career.
- Become familiar with campus resources and the college experience.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible for a scholarship opportunity. The scholarship is worth $2,500 for the academic year and is renewable for the three additional years.
Informational sessions for the 2018 Summer Transition Program will be held in the spring semester on the following dates:
- Saturday, March 17, 2018
- Saturday, April 28, 2018
Students may attend on either of these dates. The informational will be held in Columbia on the University of Missouri campus.
For more information or questions regarding the summer transition program, please contact:
Phone: (573) 882-9156